Home // Travel // Books, Guides, and Maps // Don`t Forget the Duct Tape - 2nd Edition (Item #0898869552)
|Now Viewing: Default|
Don`t Forget the Duct Tape - 2nd Edition
$6.36 (20% off)
Item # 0898869552
- Whether you need to remedy a leak in your tent, repair flapping boot soles, nurse a cranky stove back to life, unclog a water filter, or revive gunked-up Velcro, youll find the solution here. And it can all be done with an inexpensive 12-item repair kit that, once assembled, wont weigh more than a pound or two-worth its weight in gorp!
- As youd guess, this pack-it-with-you pocket guide includes many ingenious uses for that most versatile of tools: duct tape! Heres just a few of many tips:
- Tip: Make a sturdy zipper pull by threading a thin strip of duct tape through the slider, then wrapping the tails with more duct tape.
- Tip: For a more stable stove, cut a square of old closed-cell foam pad sized to fit the base of your backpacking stove. Wrap the foam generously with duct tape for insulation and you have a stable cooking platform that works great in the snow.
- Tip: When re-gluing a boot or shoe sole, a few turns of duct tape can keep the toe area secure while the glue dries. Features:
- What to include in your hiking or travel repair kits
- Duct tape dos and donts
- New sections on caring for technical wool garments and repairing softshell fabrics, single-wall tents, hydration systems, and more
- Author: Kristin Hostetter
- Edition: 2nd
- Pages: 96 - Paperback
- ISBN-13: 978-0-89886-955-2
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! – Write a Review