Something that separates Alpine Shop from a number of "Big Box" retailers is that we chose brands that create exceptional products and stand behind them. Many of the brands we carry offer a lifetime guarantee against defects that can be activated if you experience an issue with your purchase.
That phrase "lifetime guarantee" is referring to the life of the product (not your life!) and varies per item and how it is used. For example, the life of a pair of hiking boots may be three years on average, a lot longer if you only wear them twice a year for day hikes or a lot shorter if you try to through hike the AT every year. It is always recommended to give us a call or come in if your purchase is not standing up to the standard you think it should, more often than not, the manufacturer will offer to fix it or replace it. We will be there to help you along every step of the warrantee process.
These same brands will also repair damaged goods and clothing that fall outside of a warranty issue for a nominal fee and can help you keep your clothing and gear in top condition for years. If you believe you have a warranty or a repair issue, please contact us at 1 (314) 775-2134 so we can help take care of the problem. Most manufacturers will require a proof of purchase receipt to process the warranty issue. If you need another copy of your receipt, please give us a call at 1-888-DISCVRY (347-2879) and we will send you a new copy.
*We are currently accepting returns again and properly steaming and cleaning the items before they are returned to the floor.*
If it just isn't quite right for you, you may return or exchange a product with a receipt within 30 days of the purchase date at any of our store locations or by shipping it to us. Items returned after 30 days will be eligible for store credit only. If you are shipping a return back to us, we require that the shipping date be within 30 days of the purchase date for a full refund.*
*Holiday Return Window: We understand that you want to get shopping done early during the holiday season and gifts may not reach their intended until much later. We extend our return window to the 3rd Sunday of January for all items purchased after November 1st of the preceding year, to allow ample time for gifts to be given and to be returned if that's how the cards fall. All normal return restrictions listed above apply.
We try to make this process as hassle-free as possible. You can help us by following these few guidelines:
- Items must be in NEW condition with tags still attached for full refunds. Items returned that do not fit into this category may be assessed a restocking fee.
- All returns must either have a receipt or Alpine Shop must be able to locate the purchase through customer information records. If you do not have a copy of your receipt, please contact us at 1-888-DISCVRY (347-2879).
- All refunds will be reimbursed in the same tender as the original purchase. So, if you made your purchase originally with cash, we will return your payment in cash. If it was made with a credit card or PayPal account, we will process the reimbursement to the same credit card number or PayPal account number without exception. You can always chose to have the reimbursement made in the form of an Alpine Shop gift card if that suits you best.
- Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
- Clearance priced items (price ends in .97) are returnable for Alpine Shop store credit or exchange only.
- Gift Cards are considered final and not eligible for return.
- Life-protecting and/or weight-bearing equipment (such as ropes, carabiners, harnesses, and helmets) cannot be returned or exchanged.
- If the purchased item came with a free gift, you must return the free item along with the returned merchandise; otherwise, we will deduct the current retail value of the free item from your return amount.
- If your purchase was part of a promotion such as "spend $150 and get $30 for use on future purchases," you will forfeit the Alpine Cash Certificate if your return disqualifies you from the original promotion. (For example: you bought a $150 item and a $20 item. There's no problem if you return the $20 item only, but if you need to return the $150 item, the $30 Alpine Cash Certificate will be deactivated.)
- Multimedia items containing CDs or DVDs cannot be returned once they have been opened.
Returns by mail
We currently do not offer free return shipping! Please complete the return information on the back of your receipt, or on this downloadable return form. Then include it in your insured package and ship to:
440 North Kirkwood Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63122-3912
We highly suggest you insure your package and get a tracking number for the shipment. You are still responsible for the merchandise while it is in transit until we have received it at the above address.
Returns in store
Please bring your receipt when returning or exchanging items at one of our store locations. If you no longer have your receipt, we will be able to track it through our system for you. Please give us a call at 1-888-DISCVRY (347-2879) if you would like another copy of your receipt sent to you.
Due to the frequent change in inventory, we suggest that the best way to ensure an exchange is to place a new order on the website for the size or color that you'd like to switch with. Then, when we receive the original product back to us, we will reimburse your credit card. If you would prefer to send us the product with the exchange requirements, we will do our best to fulfill your request from our inventory the day we receive your returned product. Please make sure to include phone contact information so that we can contact you if we no longer have the specific exchange product in stock. As with returns, you are responsible for the postage back to us but we will cover the cost of shipping the new item to you!