550 Cord 3mm - 50ft Pack - Black
item # A0304PC0015
- Military-spec 550 3 mm Parachute cord with nearly boundless uses! Use as a nose tie down for your kayak on a roof rack, guy lines on your tent, gear ties for organization, replace the hanging loops on your tools, rig up a Prusik knot, make your special friend a bracelet, and that's just the beginning! A small diameter cord like this should be a part of every outdoorman's (and outdoorswoman's) kit.
- 'Militray-Spec' means that this cord meets all of the rigid specifications for strength and reliability required in the 19 pages of C-5440H
- A smooth sheath holds seven nylon strands that together make a very strong cord which can be seperated and used in survival situations
- 3 mm Diameter
- Minimum Break Strength is 550 lbs (5.4 kN: kiloNewtons. Harken back to math class here, a kN represents about 225 lbs of force, not static weight.) based on a 3 sigma MBS test
- Warning: Accessory cords are not for use as lead climbing ropes.
- Materials: 100% Nylon
- Length: 50 ft
- Diameter: 3mm Diameter
- Minimum Break Strength: 550 lbs/2.4 kN