Never Summer ProtoSynthesis X Board 23/24
item # QPSX232401
- Loaded with all the technical features, the Proto Synthesis is the top selling board year after year for a reason. The mid-flex all mountain freestyle true twin is perfectly balanced for spins, riding switch and stomping the biggest tricks. Shockwave Rocker Camber allows for pop, boost in and out of turns and vice like edge hold while maintaining natural float and pressability. Perfect for riding anywhere on the hill, the Proto Synthesis makes for a smooth ride with minimal chatter, while staying crisp and powerful. Features:
- Shock Wave Rocker Camber features extended camber zones underfoot towards the tip and tail for explosive pop and solid stability, with smaller rocker areas that retain quick turn initiation and enhance floatation.
- Extended Transition Area Never Summer adds a small flat section in the snowboard profile that improves both turn initiation and powder flotation.
- Dampness Rating 6/10
- Vario Power Grip Sidecut Vario Power Grip Sidecut utilizes multiple radiuses creating extra contact points to enhance edge hold. A flat section in the rocker area provides a broad contact point when flexed, however when unbent allows the board to track straight and not catch. Flanking this straight section are two shallow radii which provide the second and third contact points. Towards the ends of the sidecut are deep radius which renders quick turn initiation and the final contact points.
- Low Profile Tip/Tail A low profile in the nose and tail of the snowboard maximizes material contact with the snow for more powerful ollie/nollie pop and stability to your landings. Low Profile Tip/Tail also reduces the plowing effect in the nose for better glide to the next feature and superior float when it's deep.
- NS Superlight Wood Core Never Summer uses a custom blend of wood species that was created to be the lightest weight yet durable core on the market. The NS Superlight Wood Core is CNC sanded in the custom wood working facility to a fraction of a millimeter. A tailored flex is perfected, giving their snowboards unequaled performance.
- Recluse Web Carbon Layup - A specially positioned carbon web that is designed to add extra spring and stability, while adding extra edge pressure.
- STS Pretensioned Fiberglass The world's best snowboard fiberglass, period. This advanced pre-hardened, pre-tensioned, layered laminate has added elastomer stringers between the 0 degree and 90 degree glass fibers (the length of the effective edge). This produces a stronger bond between the individual glass laminates giving our snowboards unmatched strength, edge hold and performance.
- Bi-Lite Fiberglass Bi-Lite Fiberglass combines many of the strength characteristics of Never Summer's STS fiberglass with an ultralight glass fiber matrix. This delivers incredible freestyle and freeride performance without sacrificing durability.
- Perforated Rocker Pad Perforated to reduce weight, these thin elastomeric Perforated Rocker Pads are strategically located in the mid-section of the board. This absorbs the vibration between the feet and provides a buffer in the rocker area which is in continuous contact with the snow.
- RDS 2 Damping System This lightweight system uses three narrower laminated dampening layers that provide the perfect combination of vibration, absorption, and stability. RDS 2 is the perfect balance of freeride stability and freestyle liveliness.
- Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers directly below the mounting area provide optimum vibration absorption and increase high-speed stability while reducing foot fatigue.
- Harmonic Tip/Tail Damper Harmonic Dampers in the tip and tail take out a high percentage of residual vibration by quieting the nose and tail. This enhances stability at speed, in variable snow conditions, and on board landings without deadening the liveliness and pop of the cambered areas.
- Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls Never Summer was the first snowboard company to use and perfect Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls, and they've never seen one crack. Unlike conventional ABS sidewalls that have a tendency to crack in colder temperatures, Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls maintain their integrity at any temperature.
- Durasurf XT Sintered 5501 Base Crown Plastics has developed an exclusive, super fast, durable sintered base specifically for higher end boards. Just the right amount of graphite has been added making the Durasurf XT Sintered 5501 Base the fastest Never Summer has ever used.
- Premium Coextruded Polymer Topsheet The Premium Topsheet is a durable, lightweight, scratch and chip resistant fiber backed thermoplastic. The premium topsheets also provide more grip than other topsheet materials, working as a built-in stomp pad.
- P-Tex Tip/Tail Protection Boards with P-Tex Tip/Tail Protection have UHMW plastic, or P-Tex which is a softer molecular material that not only seals and protects the wood core, but also absorbs vibration and impact. ***Due to the size and weight of this product, $15 will be charged for shipping. (Shipping fees may vary depending on the number of items in your cart)
- Terrain: All Mountain, Freestyle
- Rocker Type: Shock Wave Rocker Camber
- Flex: 6/10
- Shape: Vario Power Grip Sidecut, Low Profile Tip/Tail
- Core: NS Superlight Wood Core
- Laminates: Recluse Web Carbon Layup, STS Pretensioned Fiberglass, Bi-Lite Fiberglass, Perforated Rocker Pad, RDS 2 Damping System, Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers, Harmonic Tip/Tail Damper
- Sidewalls: Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls
- Base: Durasurf XT Sintered 5501 Base
- Topsheet: Premium Coextruded Polymer Topsheet
- Binding Compatibility: 2 x 4