Home // Travel // Books, Guides, and Maps // Urban Cycling (Item #1594859434)
|Now Viewing: Default|
$15.16 (20% off)
Item # 1594859434
- Author, advocate, and urban-cycler extraordinaire Madi Carlson provides accessible and appealing guidance, giving even the most hesitant bicyclist all the tools she needs to join the cycling community. Carlson details everything from choosing a bike and gear accessories to safe riding techniques, city cycling infrastructure to route planning, and multi-modal commuting to basic maintenance. She also discusses legal issues around urban biking and commuting with children. Illustrations and diagrams of various bicycle facilities and traffic situations help show readers what is expected in each, while photographs demonstrate gear essentials and riding techniques. Tips, personal anecdotes, and profiles of bike commuters and cycling organizations from around the country provide additional advice and inspiration. Features:
- Fresh approach that every beginning bicycle commuter needs to get started with confidence
- Illustrations throughout help explain cycle safety, route planning, etiquette, maintenance, and more
- Author is a family cycling advocate
- Bicycle commuting is growing by leaps and bounds, especially among women. For many prospective bike commuters, simply seeing a bicyclist cruise past their car or bus while stuck in heavy traffic is enough to inspire a change. But many novice bike commuters crave a manual. The largest percentage of would-be bicycle commuters falls in the Interested But Concerned categorythey have questions about rules of the road, fears about traffic, or uncertainty about how to get started. Urban Cycling is the easy-to-navigate resource that answers it all!
- Author: Madi Carlson
- Edition: 1st Edition
- Pages: 288 pages
- ISBN: 978-1-59485-943-4
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! – Write a Review