Expedition Book - 3 Pack
item # FNC-17
- FNC-17 marks the start of our fifth year of our Quarterly Editions. In that time, weve explored a wide variety of papers, colors, and printing techniques, but with this new Expedition edition, for the first time, weve actually expanded the type of paper used in our notebooks. Aesthetically, youll find an all-new design with plenty to like: a hi-visibility Antarctic Survey Orange front cover and Polar Night Black back cover, with a subtle varnish effect featuring a topographic map of Antarctica. The body pages feature our popular dot-graph paper printed in light gray. But the real innovation here is the paper. Its maybe not even fair to call it paper. The whole book is printed on Yupo Synthetic paper, an amazing tearproof and waterproof paper extruded from polypropylene pellets in Chesapeake, Virginia. Features:
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: waterproof/tearproof Yupo Synthetic 74#C, with thick, brute force applications of Hi-Visibility Orange and Low-Visibility Black soy-based Saphira inks and a tinted spot varnish.
- Innards: waterproof/tearproof Yupo Synthetic 57#T with a 1-color application of Cartographers Gray soy-based Saphira ink. (Use pencil/ballpoint pen for best results.)
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40' 6-color printing press.
- Bound by a Harris Bookbinder 6-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the Founding Fathers of the Staple.
- Corners rounded to 3/8 in (9.5mm) by a Challenge DCM round-corner machine.
- Dot-graph grid: 3/16 in ? 3/16 in(4.7mm ? 4.7mm).
- Dimensions: 3-1/2 in ? 5-1/2 (8.9cm ? 13.9cm).