Home // Climb // Carabiners, Quickdraws, Etc // Dash Dirtbag Draw (Item #OPMDQD6W)
|Now Viewing: Default|
Dash Dirtbag Draw
Item # OPMDQD6W
- No longer considered appropriate solely for sport climbs or clip-ups, quickdraws have become standard equipment on almost every climbers rack. Crack climbers, trad climbers and ice climbers alike all agree that theyre time-savers and a vital piece of the climbing system. Used to reduce rope drag and to prevent accidental dislodging of protection on the lead, quickdraws are specialized pieces of equipment that come in a variety of styles, lengths and with varying types of carabiners dedicated to either end.
- In general, longer draws are better for wandering face climbs (tripled shoulder slings like their Alpine Draws are the best) or traditional crack climbs, but for short routes that areprimarilybolt-protected, shorter quickdraws are the norm. For ice climbing, select one of the Five-O series draws for their ease-of-use with gloves; if youre on a budget, select the Dirtbag Draws for their low cost. No matter what your preference or style of climbing, youll find an Omega Pacific quickdraw thats up to the task.
- Omega Pacific orients their carabiners on all their standard quickdraws with the gates facing opposite each other. They feel that this is the safest method to minimize the possibility of simultaneously loading both carabiners in a gate-open position while leading routes which may wander above and to the left or right of your last placement. Under certain circumstances, it is possible for both gates to open during a fall as the draw is scraped along the rock while it orients iteself below the point of protection. By opposing the carabiners on a draw, you reduce the possibility of simultaneous gate-opening in this manner. Features:
- 22kN Draw strength
- *****Please note that this item is not returnable. For the safety of our customers: Life-protecting and/or weight-bearing equipment (such as ropes, carabiners, harnesses, and helmets) cannot be returned or exchanged.*****
- Weight: 92g
- Carabiners: 2 Dash Wire Gate
- Draw strength: 22kN
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! – Write a Review