Home // Paddle // Essentials // Patch N Repair 4 Inch X 6 Inch (Item #37980.01)
|Now Viewing: Default|
Patch N Repair 4 Inch X 6 Inch
Item # 37980.01
- As the result of research on a NASA program and ongoing research and development, a shape memory polymer (SMP) composite patch system was developed that incorporates a composite material and an industrial strength adhesive. The composite patch material varies by patch and include different combinations of fabrics, resins, plies, and adhesives to meet the needs of targeted applications. Gemini Materials composite patch products are unique and easy to use. Users simply heat a patch, cut it to size, peel off the adhesive backing, apply and form the flexible patch to the contours of the targeted surface, and then let it cool. Gemini Materials products allow customers to significantly improve durability and reduce labor for repairing, reinforcing, or protecting a wide range of products. Features:
- For best results, clean the damaged area first. (Alcohol is recommended.) For best adhesion, damaged area should be dry and free of dirt and debris. For low surface energy repair applications an adhesive primer applied after cleaning will enhance bonding.
- 1. Heat the patch to approximately 194 °F (90 °C) using an appropriate heating method. Heating methods can be MRE heater (included with kits), oven, not used for food due to possible out gassing, wrapped in foil to protect paper backing, or heat gun. When using a heat gun, do not place the heat gun too close to the patch surface or hold heat in one place for more than a few seconds. Warning: DO NOT HEAT ABOVE 270 °F (132 °C). Be sure your heating method complies with safety standards according to the conditions under which you will be applying the patch for example, outdoors, in rainy weather, near flammable materials, etc.
- 2. Once the temperature is near or above 194 °F (90 °C), the material will soften and become very flexible. While heated, the patch can easily be cut to shape with scissors. Be sure to leave at least 1 inch of material on all sides of a hole or crack to improve adhesion and structural results. While wearing gloves that protect against the heat, remove and discard the film backing from the patch. Avoid touching the adhesive once the film backing is removed.
- 3. Press from one end of the patch to the other, applying pressure to shape it and press it into the contours of the repair surface. Continue pressing and shaping until it cools and becomes rigid again. Cooling time depends on the temperature of the damaged surface and on ambient air temperature, but normally the patch cools and becomes rigid again within one to two minutes.
- Note: Do not heat with a direct flame or contact the patch directly with a heating surface that is over 270 °F (132 °C). Do not store in direct sunlight. Not for use on pressurized tanks or lines. Avoid contact of the adhesive with skin. Removal may damage painted and gel-coated surfaces. Not warranted for any specific application.
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! – Write a Review