Never Summer ProtoSlinger Women's Board 23/24
item # QWSL232401
- This womens specific, asymmetrical, soft-flex, twin tip is the go-to choice for the most technical lady freestyle rider. As part of the Proto series, Shockwave Rocker camber allows for gravity defying pop, edge hold and precision to link lines through the park, while still maintaining Never Summers renowned buttery smooth, stable ride anywhere else on the hill Features:
- Shock Wave Rocker Camber - Shock Wave Rocker Camber features extended camber zones underfoot towards the tip and tail for explosive pop and solid stability, with smaller rocker areas that retain quick turn initiation and enhance floatation.
- Extended Transition Area Never Summer adds a small flat section in the snowboard profile that improves both turn initiation and powder flotation.
- Dampness Rating 4/10
- Asym Vario Power Grip Sidecut Vario Power Grip Sidecut utilizes multiple radii creating extra contact points to enhance edge hold. A flat section in the rocker area provides a broad contact point when flexed, but allows the board to track straight and not catch when unbent. Flanking this straight section are two shallow radii, which provide the second and third contact points. Towards the ends of the sidecut are deep radii which render quick turn initiation and the final contact points. The asymmetrical version of the Vario sidecut puts a longer radius on the toe side and a shorter radius on the heel side.
- Low Profile Tip/Tail A low profile in the nose and tail of the snowboard maximizes material contact with the snow for more powerful ollie/nollie pop and stability to your landings. Low Profile Tip/Tail also reduces the plowing effect in the nose for better glide to the next feature and superior float when it's deep.
- NS Superlight Wood Core Never Summer uses a custom blend of wood species that was created to be the lightest weight yet durable core on the market. The NS Superlight Wood Core is CNC sanded in the custom wood working facility to a fraction of a millimeter. A tailored flex is perfected, giving their snowboards unequaled performance.
- Carbon VXR Laminate Technology Carbon VXR extends carbon fiber V's out from the inserts to the effective edge for quick response while stiffening the board torsionally. Additionally, V's are positioned to the ends of the board providing maximum boost and pop when loaded up. This is an ideal layup to transfer energy to the end of the effective edge, tip/tail and still give the board a softer more forgiving mid-flex for torsional control.
- STS Pretensioned Fiberglass The world's best snowboard fiberglass, period. This advanced pre-hardened, pre-tensioned, layered laminate has added elastomer stringers between the 0 degree and 90 degree glass fibers (the length of the effective edge). This produces a stronger bond between the individual glass laminates giving our snowboards unmatched strength, edge hold and performance.
- Bi-Lite Fiberglass Bi-Lite Fiberglass combines many of the strength characteristics of Never Summer's STS fiberglass with an ultralight glass fiber matrix. This delivers incredible freestyle and freeride performance without sacrificing durability.
- FDS Damping System Specifically designed for some freestyle models, FDS utilizes thinner rubber foil for a lighter, snappier feel while still providing the legendary NS smooth ride.
- Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers directly below the mounting area provide optimum vibration absorption and increase high-speed stability while reducing foot fatigue.
- Harmonic Tip / Tail Damper Harmonic Dampers in the tip and tail take out a high percentage of residual vibration by quieting the nose and tail. This enhances stability at speed, in variable snow conditions and on board landings without deadening the liveliness and pop of the cambered areas.
- Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls Never Summer was the first snowboard company to use and perfect Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls, and they've never seen one crack. Unlike conventional ABS sidewalls that have a tendency to crack in colder temperatures, Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls maintain their integrity at any temperature.
- Durasurf XT Sintered 5501 Base Crown Plastics has developed an exclusive, super fast, durable sintered base specifically for higher end boards. Just the right amount of graphite has been added making the Durasurf XT Sintered 5501 Base the fastest Never Summer has ever used.
- Premium Coextruded Polymer Topsheet The Premium Topsheet is a durable, lightweight, scratch and chip resistant fiber backed thermoplastic. The premium topsheets also provide more grip than other topsheet materials, working as a built-in stomp pad. ***Due to the size and weight of this product, $15 will be charged for shipping. (Shipping fees may vary depending on the number of items in your cart)
- Terrain: Freestyle, All-Mountain
- Rocker Type: Shock Wave Rocker Camber
- Flex: 4/10 - A softer flex for added press-ability and an overall more playful ride.
- Shape: Asym Vario Power Grip Sidecut, Low Profile Tip/Tail
- Core:NS Superlight Wood Core
- Laminates: Carbon VXR Laminate Technology, STS Pretensioned Fiberglass, Bi-Lite Fiberglass, Freestyle Damping System, Elasometric Underfoot Stabilizers, Harmonic Tip / Tail Damper
- Sidewalls: Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls
- Base: Durasurf Sintered 4501 Base
- Topsheet: Premium Coextruded Polymer Topsheet
- Edges: Full Wrap Metal Edge
- Binding Compatibility: 2 x 4