Menasha Ridge Press
50 Best Hikes:Utah's National Parks
item # 0899977249
- Utahs five national parksArches, Bryce, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, and Zionhold some of the most awe-inspiring geology on the planet. Each park offers visitors the dramatic scenery that invites exploration and discovery. Features:
- In 50 Best Short Hikes in Utahs National Parks, veteran hiking guide Greg Witt shares the best routes in each park, hikes that are both must see and accessible. Park visitors who are short on time will find this book to be the ideal traveling companion, quickly helping readers identify the hikes and sights, making the best use of their time and provide maximum enjoyment.
- Each hike in the book includes distances, highlights, area maps, and easy-to-follow trailhead directions to make hike selection fast and efficient. Once on the trail, the detailed maps, route description, and interpretive details insure that hikers get the most out of their trip.
- Even avid hikers and experienced desert explorers will find new insights and discoveries as Witts interesting and approachable style details the geologic forces that created this landscape. He brings to life the human historyprehistoric cliff-dwellers, native tribes, ranchers, farmers, loggers, miners, and outlawsthat adds to the color of the Colorado Plateau where these five parks are set.
- Author:Greg Witt
- Publisher: Menasha Ridge Press
- ISBN: 978-0-89732-647-6